Ryculture Health and Social Innovation is a social enterprise committed to championing for and inculcating a culture of active citizenship and social responsibility among Kenyan youth with regard to health and general well-being. We discharge our mandate through health advocacy on;
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs) with special focus on Diabetes, Cancers, Hypertension and Cardiovascular Conditions.
- Human Resources for Health with focus on Youth Health Workers
- Social Accountability for Health which is a component of each of the other tracks.
We are registered in Kenya by the Registrar of Companies under the Companies Act CAP 486.
We are proponents of social responsibility with inherent value for collaboration to create synergy to address global challenges from community level driven by the community.
About Ryculture YouTH Voices
Ryculture YouTH Voices is an initiative that seeks to amplify the voices of Kenyan youth in a transformative agenda for health and their well-being. Through Ryculture YouTH Voices we enlighten, empower and evoke Kenyan youth to act for their health, the health of their communities and their well-being.
To achieve this agenda, we seek to recruit the right voices to speak up & out for health along the Ryculture priority areas as outlined above.
The Champions will be expected to:
- Develop a concept and speech on a health track as per the Ryculture priority areas
- Speak to an audience on the chosen topic
- Mobilize a team to pursue the vision for that track they are passionate about
- Report to Ryculture team on their progress on a quarterly basis i.e. after every three months.
We are seeking individuals with:
- An existing project, a research project, an idea or is/was part of a team working on a health project in line with any of our priority areas (this can be a one-time project, case study, long-term project etc).
- Passion for health systems change with a vision on how the change should come about
- An aspiration to lead the change process for the priority area of interest by leveraging on local resources
- Good communication skills and able to speak to an audience of not less than 20 people about their idea to drive action.
- Age limit: 16-30years.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a motivation letter (Not exceeding 2 pages), brief biography (Not exceeding 1 page) and concept of their idea (Not exceeding 2 pages) in PDF format to email@example.com by 30th January 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and feedback relayed to all applicants.
Note: Use your “Name” followed by “Champion” as Email Subject in this format for easy retrieval of your application: [First Name _ Second Name: Champion]
Ryculture is an equal opportunity employer with value for diversity as a strength in realizing our highest potential as the human race.